Senior Database Administrator
Location: Skopje, Bitola, Ohrid
BtoBet, a leading technological solution and platform provider in the iGaming industry with a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, is looking for a Senior Database Administrator with 3+ years of experience and a strong background in database server administration, database management and performance analytics. We are looking for a self-reliant individual who works well under pressure and adheres to management policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. As part of our team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
- Design, implement and maintain SQL Server database systems, working with database administrators, software developers, data architects and infrastructure engineers to create optimized and scalable solution.
- Provide comprehensive support of all database-related application while ensuring that best practice is applied to system support, upgrades, testing, and procedures;
- Diagnose and resolve day-to-day live system issues that originate from a custom application code;
- Effectively record and monitor progress of all issues raised, providing feedback to the business users as required;
- Regularly report on databases health, performance and security levels;
- Consult teams and define underlying database technologies for existing and new services;
- Work with the infrastructure team on provisioning and configuration automation;
- Maintain, manage, and test disaster recovery for each application as needed as well as high availability;
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Substantive, verifiable experience as production DBA with SQL Server 2008 – 2017;
- Experience with administering, configuring, maintaining and operating relational (SQL Server) and NoSQL database engines in a cloud infrastructure;
- Experience supporting high availability including clustering, mirroring, and replication;
- Experience in developing and executing disaster recovery procedures plans for SQL Server;
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server engine internals, query execution plans, index management, and performance tuning. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments;
- Experience with developing and administrating data flow processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, DMS);
- Practical knowledge of DevOps concepts and strategies;
- Experience in auditing database servers for compliance with standards;
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols;
- Ability to provide after hours on-call support (24x7x365).
The salary package will be discussed during the interview process and is based upon experience.